Skip to content
Use the xAPI bookmarklet prototype to capture website activities as xAPI statements.
The Experience API lets you record self-directed learning experiences, such as reading a web page.
The xAPI Bookmarklet is a simple tool that shows a little bit of that power. A bookmarklet is a simple application that runs inside of a standard internet browser bookmark. The Experience API bookmarklet lets you record any webpage that you “experience” to an LRS. The new bookmarklet has the added ability to select a different verb, rate likelihood of return visits, and assign tags to the statement.
Here are the steps to get going:
- Use the generator below to generate your own personal “xAPI Reporter” (it will just look like a link), then add the bookmarklet to your browser’s bookmarks (or bookmark toolbar). The easiest way to do this is to just drag the link to your bookmarks bar.
- After the bookmarklet has been added to your browser’s bookmarks, go to a web page, any web page, and click the “xAPI Reporter” in your bookmark menu or toolbar.
- Once the statement reporter appears, a preview of the statement is shown at the bottom of the display. You can send a simple statement or a customized statement:
- For a simple statement, simply click “Send Statement.”
- For a customized statement, complete the optional fields and click “Send Statement.”
- Visit your LRS and see the statements that have been generated.